A small bathroom has its own space issues for storage areas and in dealing with bathroom cabinets. So, finding a place to put your extra towels, makeup and personal items can be frustrating; not to mention almost impossible. But there are ways to add to the storage space in your tiny bathroom.
- You can add a shelf above your sink for things you use every day or decoration.
- Above your toilet is the perfect place for a cabinet and even some shelves. But if the space is still too small for those items, baskets can be used for storing toiletries or even extra towels.
- Speaking of towels, if you don’t have the room on your walls for a towel rack, using the back of your bathroom door is an option. You can then hang items on the back of the door with an over the door towel rack or by using pegs, whichever will work for you.
- What about mounting a shelf above your door? You can use this for the storage of items used less frequently, but they will still be within reach when needed.
- Even if you do have a cabinet in your bathroom, you can hang your hairdryer on a peg on the inside of the door to free up cabinet space. Then it’s still easily accessible; or better yet you can buy an organizer which will hold styling products and your hairbrush.
- If you buy cabinets with drawers inside the cabinet, it will maximize your storage space; plus you’ll be able to find things faster.
- Another thought is to have a custom cabinet made for a narrow space. The cabinet can also have shelves and drawers. The shelves could be used for towels and the drawers for other items which need to be stored.
- Something else in line with a custom cabinet is to have a built-in storage tower installed. Open shelving can be used to add splashes of color by placing your clean rolled towels in them.
In the end what may be best is having cabinets made to fit your small bathroom to give you the storage space you need.