The kitchen island has come a long way in both style and practicality. So with a custom design kitchen island, you can have beauty and innovation as well an ideal space for entertaining. So below is a list of different styles of kitchen islands so that you can make your choice when custom designing your kitchen.
- The Waterfall Island has a benchtop surface which runs down the sides of the kitchen island. The name comes from the idea that the countertops are cascading over the side like a waterfall. This popular kitchen island is not only affordable, but practical and allows for custom cabinets for extra storage. It can be used as a breakfast bar.
- The Breakfast Bar Island has always been a staple in kitchen island design, but now it’s been refined. With new choices of color and materials with kick panels of wood or mirror available, its popularity is as strong as ever.
- The Solid Stone Island looks sophisticated with the entire island appearing to be custom crafted from one solid stone block. An excellent choice if you have wine and cheese parties.
- The Shelf and Storage Island has custom shelving and cupboards facing outward as well as drawers and space for appliances for easier access. This is a good island for a really busy kitchen with lots of activity. You can even add a wine rack.
- The Dining Table Island does away with the family dining room table. This not only maximizes space, but meals are in the kitchen for easy reach and cleanup.
- The Oversize Island is an island for enormously large kitchens. These kitchen islands are great for entertaining and also have more storage space and bigger food preparation areas.
There are so many choices for kitchen islands to suit all of your kitchen needs.