If you’re tired of having an old boring bathroom, here are some different ideas to spruce things up. Your bathroom doesn’t have to be four walls, a tub with a shower and a sink. It can be something a little more exciting. Something to lay back and relax in, or smile satisfied in while blow drying your hair. Below are some ideas which may work for you:
- Natural Bathroom: A natural bathroom could have tiles that are shades of gray and brown. Walls in cream with tile accents would bring it all together. Plants are hanging from the windows and cabinets in shades of green with lots of storage space. The tub/shower area could be finished in the same color of tiles. To top it off you might consider having fluffy green towels hanging from the racks for easy access.
- Cottage Style bathroom: A cottage style bathroom would have wainscoting, lots of cabinets and double vanities. The tub would be a pedestal tub deep enough to sink in and relax. There would be an area for candles to add a romantic flair. There would also be a comfy chair at a dressing table for putting on makeup and doing your hair. It would have the air of relaxation and English timelessness.
- Spa bathroom: A spa bath would have a large soaking tub. The shower would have an oversized head on it so that it would bring water like the summer rain. Large windows would allow in light to dance on the marble tile floor. There would be shutters on the lower windows for privacy. Extra storage could be under the ledge of the tub for towels and bath products. Plants placed on trays and shelves and artwork on the bathroom walls would give it an old-world spa feel.
Making your master bathroom to suit you is one of life’s pleasures.
Some homeowners have interesting ideas for luxury bathrooms. Not a simple shower stall and a plain tile floor, they like to relax in comfort. Below are some descriptions of what a contractor can do for the wealthy:
- For a touch of the royal, what about gold accents, tiles in a mosaic pattern and crystal chandeliers? Top this off with bathroom cabinets in zebrawood and bathroom furniture which is streamlined but comfortable. Perfect after a long day at the office.
- What about marble floors and walls finished in Venetian gold for luxury? The ceilings can be arched with stone columns with embellishments. Also, what about having a soaking tub in front of a fireplace for a romantic rendezvous.
- For a tropical touch, soak in a free-standing, red bathtub surrounded by all white walls and high ceilings. A painted mural on the wall will bring the tropics into the room, with succulents and driftwood added as decorations for the perfect accents.
- A touch of the East in a luxury bathroom may include wallpaper in a bird pattern. The floors can be yellow with a lacquer room divider for undressing behind it. An elevated white bathtub with Chinese lanterns for lighting rounds out the room’s feel.
- The Victorian Era may bring a white slipper bath to the front and center. It can be surrounded by wallpaper and décor in shades of pink with rose accents; floral touches will abound. The tiles can be marble in a warm shade of brown to bring it all together. Fluffy towels and ankle soft bathroom rugs complete the picture.
Freestanding baths, showers with multiple showerheads like falling rain, exquisite lighting, and soft fluffy towels are hall marks of a luxury bathroom. Lots of room for storage of personal needs and nothing shows which shouldn’t be out.
These types of master bathrooms are truly for comfort and relaxation.